Terms and Conditions
Santander Bank Referral Program
Electronic Communications Disclosure
By agreeing to receive information electronically, you consent to receive certain disclosures and communications that Santander Bank, N.A. (“we” or “us”) is legally required to provide to you in writing. The types of disclosures we may provide electronically include this Electronic Communications Disclosure and the Terms and Conditions below
(“Disclosures”). In order for us to provide the Disclosures to you electronically, we must ask you to agree to receive the Disclosures in that manner. If you do not agree, you will not be allowed to participate in the Santander Bank Refer A Friend Checking Account Program (“Program”).
Please read this Disclosure carefully and retain a copy of this Disclosure and the Terms and Conditions below for your records.
We will provide all Disclosures to you on screen or when you click on the link we, or our service provider, provide to you. You may be required to open the link that contains the Disclosures. You may print or make a copy of the Disclosures by using the “Print” button or saving a copy. You may wish to do this when we present the Disclosures to you because the Disclosures may not be accessible at all times.
Refer A Friend Consumer is an electronic program only. You have the right to receive a copy of any of the Disclosures in paper form. Please call our Customer Service Center at 877-768-2265 if you would like to request a copy of the paper version. You are able to withdraw your consent to receive Disclosures electronically by calling our Customer Service Center. There is no charge for doing so, but you may be excluded from the program if we are unable to send you electronic Disclosures and communications.
This consent only applies to the delivery of Disclosures and other communications by us to you. Some statutes as well as our
Personal Deposit Account Agreement or other contracts, may require that you provide certain notices to us in writing, and this consent has no effect on those requirements. In order to properly access and print the Disclosures, you must have the following hardware and software:
● A personal computer or mobile device capable of accessing the internet and sending and receiving e-mail, as well as a printer capable of printing copies of the Disclosures for your records.
● Adobe® Acrobat® Reader® software, version 5.0 or higher, so you can read and print copies of the Disclosures.
One of the following operating systems:
· PC - Windows XP, 2000, 2003,
· Vista 7 and higher
· MAC - OS 9, X, and higher
· Internet Explorer 5.5 and higher,
· Safari 2.0.4 and higher or 5.5 and higher for OS X,
· Mozilla Firefox 3.0 or higher
Some Disclosures and electronic communications may be provided by email. You authorize us to send Disclosures and communications to the email address provided. Furthermore, you agree that you will immediately provide us with an updated email address, should it change. If you change your e-mail address, you must notify us by updating your email address in your Online Banking account, by calling our Customer Contact Center at 877-768-2265 or by visiting a branch. If we deliver Disclosures and other communications to you using the information we have on file, you will have been deemed to have received the Disclosures and communications, even if our message, for example, is returned to us by an internet service provider as undeliverable.
Santander Bank Refer A Friend Account Program Terms and Conditions
The Referrer must register for the Program, agree to these Terms and Conditions and the Electronic Communications Disclosure, and share the Program offer with their friends, family, or co-workers via email. A Referrer may receive up to ten
(10) digital Visa® Prepaid Cards ($500 value) within a calendar year for eligible referrals made across any of Santander Bank's referral programs. Only one Referrer may receive a digital Visa® Prepaid Card for each Referred Person who completes the requirements (the first Referrer that enters the information for a Referred Person will be the eligible receiver).
The Referred Person may only receive one digital Visa® Prepaid Card for opening an eligible account and completing the Program Qualifications listed below, but may also be eligible as a Referrer after becoming a Santander customer. There is a limit of one digital Visa® Prepaid Card paid per qualifying account. So, for example, in the event more than one Referred Person opens a jointly held account, one digital Visa® Prepaid Card will be paid to the Referred Person named first within the account registration.
The Referrer authorizes the sending of program-initiated emails to each Referred Person which are sent on the Referrer's behalf. If the Referred Person's email address is in Santander Bank and/or Extole’s email opt-out database, the email will not be sent. Returned/invalid email addresses and non-deliverable addresses are not the responsibility of Santander or Extole.
By participating in the Program, the Referrer agrees that Santander and/or Extole may disclose to the Referred Person that the Referrer is a customer of Santander.
The Referred Person acknowledges that a digital Visa® Prepaid Card will be issued to both parties (the Referrer and Referred Person) after all conditions have been met in the time frame stated. A digital Visa® Prepaid Card will be emailed to the addresses provided at registration.
Employees of Santander and its affi liates are not eligible to participate in the Program as either a Referrer or Referred Person.
In order to be an eligible Referrer you must be a current customer of Santander, N.A. In order to be an eligible Referred Person for the Consumer version of the Program you must not currently have a consumer checking account with Santander Bank or have had a consumer checking account with Santander within the last 12 months prior to account opening. The Program may be discontinued or changed at any time without notice.
In order for the Referred Person and the Referrer to earn a $50 digital Visa® Prepaid Card, the Referred Person must meet the eligibility requirements outlined below and open a new Simply Right® Checking, Santander Premier Plus Checking, Santander Basic Checking or a Student Value Checking account with Santander. The account must be opened within 90 days of receiving the Refer A Friend invitation. Simply Right® Checking, Santander Premier Plus Checking, Santander Basic Checking or a Student Value Checking accounts must be opened with the same email address used at registration and account opening.
A minimum opening deposit of $25 is required for Simply Right® Checking and Santander Basic Checking; $10 for Student Value Checking; and $50 for Santander Premier Plus Checking. Referred Person must have one (1) or more direct deposits totaling at least $250 that posts to the new account within 60 days, starting the first business day after account opening.
Referred Person must keep the account open for at least 60 days. As of July 1, 2020, the Annual Percentage Yield for Santander Premier Plus Checking is 0.01%. Rates may change at any time. Fees may reduce earnings.
• Extole, Inc. is an integrated referral vendor contracted by Santander.
• Santander considers direct deposits to be an automatic electronic deposit made through the ACH network to your account by someone else, such as an employer issuing payroll or a government or retirement plan paying benefits. It may not include deposits to your account that are made by an individual using online banking, an internet payment provider, or a merchant advancing payroll using a debit card.
• Each digital Visa® Prepaid Card amount received by the Referrer and Referred Person may be reported as income to the IRS, state, and local tax authorities if required by applicable law. Recipient of the digital Visa® Prepaid Card is solely responsible for any federal, state, and/or local taxes.
• Please allow up to 10-14 business days, after completion of all requirements of this offer delivery of your digital Visa® Prepaid Card.
• Eligibility to receive $50 digital Visa® Prepaid Card expires after one calendar year from account opening, and full completion of program qualifications. Both parties (Referrer and Referred Person) will no longer be able to receive after this time.
• This offer cannot be combined with other cash offer bonuses by Santander. If a Referred Person is eligible for more than one promotion or offer, and meets all of the requirements, Santander will award the Referred Person the offer of their choosing. If a cash offer bonus is awarded to the Referred Person, the Referrer will not receive a $50 Visa® Prepaid Card from the Refer A Friend Program.
The digital Visa® Prepaid Cards are subject to Terms and Conditions delivered electronically with the card, including limitations on types of transactions for which they may be used. Santander will not be liable if the digital Visa® Prepaid Card is lost or stolen after being delivered to the email address provided at registration by the Referrer or Referred Person, as applicable. If the digital Visa® Prepaid Card has expired, Santander is not responsible or required to distribute replacements.
Visa® is a registered trademark of Visa, Inc. Visa® is not a participant or sponsor of this promotion.
Equal Housing Lender. Santander Bank, N.A. is a Member FDIC and wholly owned subsidiary of Banco Santander, S.A. ©2020 Santander Bank, N.A. All rights reserved. Santander, Santander Bank, the Flame Logo and Simply Right are trademarks of Banco Santander, S.A. or its subsidiaries in the United States or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.